Strong Charleston regional population growth has contributed to a labor force growth rate four (4) times that of the national average. The Charleston region also enjoys one of the most experienced and educated workforce populations in the nation.
Charleston’s Existing Workforce Pool:
- 375,000 workers in the Charleston region (13,000 are unemployed).
- 22,000+ potential candidates in the SC Works online workforce system.
- 90 percent of residents have a high school diploma or GED.
- 33 percent of residents have a bachelors or advanced degree.
For additional information on the Charleston regional’s workforce, see SC Work’s Community Profile for Charleston-North Charleston, SC MSA and Charleston County.
Charleston’s Future Workforce Pipeline:
- More than 40,000 students are enrolled in area colleges and universities.
- Nearly 15,000 high school students are enrolled in high school career academies.
- 28 new residents move to the region each day.