Charleston County Continues Pre-Employment Information Meetings for People across the Tri-County Interested in Working for Mercedes-Benz VansApril 4, 2018
Charleston County Government will hold a third meeting to connect people with training ahead of the Mercedes-Benz Vans plant expansion opening this year.
- The meeting will be Saturday, April 21, 2018 at Fort Dorchester High School, located at 8500 Patriots Boulevard, North Charleston, S.C.
- Doors open at 9 a.m. and the session will begin promptly at 10 a.m.
- Registration is required and space is limited to 1,000 attendees.
Manufacturing experience is not required to attend the pre-employment information meetings. People from across the tri-county area are welcome to attend. For more details and to register go to www.ChooseCharleston.org.
Through a partnership with South Carolina Department of Commerce, Trident Technical College, Mercedes-Benz Vans, readySCTM and Charleston County, curriculum and pathways have been created to provide residents with the necessary qualifications for manufacturing positions. The meetings will give those interested in working for Mercedes-Benz Vans an opportunity to learn valuable information that could help them attain a position with the company.
The new Mercedes-Benz Vans Sprinter plant is located off Palmetto Commerce Parkway in North Charleston. The company will continue hiring body, paint, assembly and maintenance positions throughout 2018, creating up to 1,300 jobs over the next ten years in Charleston County.
Mercedes-Benz Vans Media Contact:
“Business and economic development in South Carolina is a team sport, and events like these upcoming Mercedes-Benz Vans information meetings are a testament to that. Through collaboration between various local and state partners, Mercedes-Benz Vans will be connected with a large pool of skilled workers. And, as a result, we’ll be able to ensure that South Carolinians fill these jobs, adding to our reputation as a state that’s ‘Just right’ for manufacturing.” –Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt
“Charleston County was elated to be chosen as the optimum NAFTA location for Mercedes-Benz Vans’ expansion in 2015. We have and will continue to be a partner to ensure their new facility achieves great success. We were thrilled with the participation in the first two information meetings and look forward to connecting our residents with career opportunities.” – Charleston County Council Chairman Victor Rawl
“Our team at Mercedes-Benz Vans is writing history by building the Sprinter van part by part in the U.S. for the first time ever. We want the Charleston community to share in our excitement and become part of that story themselves.” – Mercedes-Benz Vans President & CEO Michael Balke
FIVE FAST FACTS
- Mercedes-Benz Vans, part of the Daimler Group, is establishing a full production plant in addition to existing assembly operations in North Charleston.
- Information meeting will be held for Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester County residents on April 21 to discuss possible career paths at Mercedes-Benz Vans.
- Registration is required and information can be found at ChooseCharleston.org
- Mercedes-Benz Vans will grow to a team of up to 1,300 by the end of the decade.
- Further information of Mercedes-Benz Vans can be found at MBVCharleston.com.